Safety is our most important priority. Gilford repeatedly demonstrates this philosophy and is committed to maintaining work environments that minimize situations where there is risk of personal injury (to employees, subcontractors, client personnel, or the general public); damage to property, equipment, and facilities; or harm to the environment. Stated simply, we believe there is no job or task that is more important that health and safety.
Our philosophy and commitment to safety and occupational health encompasses management, quality control, preconstruction, and work execution planning and practices that have been developed through over 25 years of experience in providing construction services. Gilford’s safety program is built around:
- Industry best practices including OSHA construction standards, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Safety and Health Requirements Manual, and other client-specific standards and regulations.
- An attitude of safety consciousness extending from executive management to safety professionals and superintendents to front-line craftsmen, including involvement from clients and subcontractors.
- Minimization of accidents through planning and analysis of operations as well as diligent identification of present and future hazardous conditions and how to mitigate safety risks.
- Assignment of specific responsibilities on each project for effective management and enforcement of the safety program.
- Continuing safety program improvement by providing educational opportunities and safety training for all staff.
- Instilling and cultivating a corporate culture in which safety is everyone’s responsibility.
The success of this program is continually demonstrated in our excellent safety ratings.
READY FOR A PROPOSAL?
Our Project Management and Pre-Construction Services staff are ready to assist you in making your vision a reality. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service.